Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Movie - Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies


I went ahead and watched the second movie right after the first as I loved the first one so much. The second one is my favorite out of the four in the series. In this movie, the Djinn is released by a thief who attempts to rob a museum and barely gets out alive. The Djinn takes the human form that he had in the first movie and frames himself for the murder of two security guards and the theft in the museum. In jail, the Djinn makes a name for himself by granting all of the inmates' wishes (in the best way possible of course). The protagonist of this movie (the thief) is drawn to the Djinn and works with a priest friend to purify herself and defeat him. Two things I wanted to note in this movie are: 1. Why did she have to cut her finger off to purify herself? Am I missing something? I spoke with a religious friend of mine and she advised this has nothing to do with being pure or the bible which was kind of confusing. 2. The guy that the Djinn escapes jail with was pretty awesome lol. I gave this one a five as well.

No comments: