Thursday, July 3, 2014

Movie - The Mummy (1932)


I was not fully sure what I thought this movie was about in truth so I finally watched it. I thought that this was a scary movie that had a mummy killing and torturing people, but I was definitely surprised to see what the movie was actually about. The movie is ACTUALLY about a man from ancient Egypt who loses the love of his life. He steals a forbidden book of spells and tries to bring her back from the dead, but once his father finds out, he is buried alive. In the present time, the mummy is unburied and the evil book uncovered. The mummy comes back to life and seeks once again to bring his love back from the dead. This is a truly crushing love story and not what I expected at all. I did love the movie and was happy to be able to say I finally saw it. It's so great to see classical movies every now and then. I am giving this one a four.

No comments: