Monday, July 21, 2014

Movie - Stake Land (2010)


This was a movie I thought looked kind of stupid and iffy. I'm not really that interested in vampire movies to be honest as they're usually kind of cheesy (No I am not talking about Twilight). I was pleasantly surprised at how wrong I was about this movie. This movie is about an outbreak of vampires which kind of played through like a zombie outbreak really which was a cool take on things. A young boy is saved from vampires as his parents are killed by a man called "Mister". Mister takes the boy under his wing and teaches him everything there is to know about vampire killing. The movie follows the journey of the two to a land which they heard is free of vampires. Along the way they fight against a radical religious cult who tries to kill them every step of the way. The movie was really great and reminded me a little of the Walking Dead (the good older seasons). I gave this one a four. Why are there always crazy religious cults killing everyone??

No comments: