Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Movie - Saw (2004)


So it's that time where I marathon watch a whole series of a movie. In this case I am running through the Saw movies (all of them in a row since I just bought them all on BluRay). I actually haven't seen this movie since it originall came out (yes I was only about 11 at the time when I originally saw this). The movie is the first installation of Jigsaw's reign and his game of puzzles.  In this movie, a surgeon who is cheating on his wife and a man who was paid to follow him and take pictures of him are pitted against each other in a room chained to the wall. As more clues are found, more is found out about both of their twisted lives. One must kill the other to escape and save his family. In the end he loses his mind, saws his own foot off, murders the other man, and escapes only to leave the other man rotting alone in the dungeon. This movie was pretty good. I really enjoyed seeing the different types of puzzles that Jigsaw created to "save" each person. There were a few twists at the end that you don't expect at all such as the fact that Adam's key to his ankle brace went down the drain the second he woke up and drained it and the fact that Jigsaw himself was posing as a dead body on the floor the whole time. When he stood up, everyone's eyes just got so big the first time seeing the movie. I gave this movie a four for keeping me interested the whole time. This is one of those edge of your seat kind of series of movies which I really enjoy.

No comments: