Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Movie - The Ring


This is another movie that I originally saw when it first came out back when I was about 14 or 15 (I can't believe how long this has been out already!) I recently rewatched this one and while I used to be very scared of this movie, it doesn't scare me anymore. The movie surrounds a tragedy that befell a girl who was heavily abused and disturbed. She creates a video that curses anyone into watching it to die in seven days. When the aunt of one of the murder victims looks into the reason behind her death, she uncovers a lot more than she originally anticipated and accidentally puts her and her family in danger of dying in seven days. The Ring is the English adaptation of the original Japanese movie titled Ringu. I have never personally seen Ringu, but from what I have seen from reviews of the movie, it's not as scary as this one and it is almost a complete re-make word for word (pretty much the same case as Let Me In/Let the Right One In). I enjoyed this movie a lot. It wasn't full of the usual jump scare tactics and left people in sheer terror of the static on their television. The DVD has an option to watch the video that the girl created which in my opinion kind of freaks people out (it did to me at least) as everyone was expecting to get a phone call right after. This movie gets a four out of me (four and a half if I felt like giving halves). And here are some pictures that are memorable of the movie. **SPOILER**


No comments: