Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Movie - Saw III (2006)

 photo Photobucket_Saw 3.jpg
Okay so here is the third movie in the Saw series and my favorite out of all of them so far. This is unfortunately as far as I've ever gotten watching them. I don't have a reason why I stopped watching them, but I believe I just got too busy or forgot about them. Looking back, I would have liked to see them all in theater and am kind of bummed I didn't continue going to see them. But hey at least I'm watching them all now, right? The movies so far have followed the steady decline of Jigsaw's health and in this one he is at an all time low. With the help of Amanda, a well known doctor is kidnapped and forced to help Jigsaw recover. Her neck is rigged with a device which will kill her if he dies forcing her to help him with minor surgery to feel better. Another trap is going on as well as a man who lost his son goes through a series of tests to forgive the people who caused his son's death. I am going to go ahead and explain the tests because they were just awesome. The first test houses the woman who witnessed the accident and kept quiet about it rather than stepping forward and testifying to put the killer in jail. The woman is hung naked in a freezer and sprayed with freezing cold water until she ultimately freezes to death. Jeff, the man going through the tests, gets the key to free her after she is already frozen which is kind of stupid because it's really obvious that it's already too late. So we can keep this blog rated so kiddies can read it, I won't include a picture of that one. The second test houses the judge who only sentenced the killer to six months in prison. He is locked by his neck to the bottom of a vat where old rotten pigs are ground up and the guts spilled all over him. Over time the vat fills up and could possibly drown him. In order to save the judge, Jeff burns his son's cherished belongings. I think this one was my favorite just by how gross and gory it was. Can you even imagine how it much feel to be drowning in rotting pig guts? That's just... I can't... I just can't.
Pretty gross fact, but after watching "The Props of Saw III" on the blu-ray, they said that they used REAL maggots on the pigs when they threw them down. Talk about disgusting! The third and final test is the most important one of all. He faces the murderer of his child. The machine that he is hooked up to twists his limbs until they bust. Jeff watches as one by one of the killer's arms and legs are broken. At the pleas of the judge, he reaches into a trap designed to shoot him to get the key to save him only he accidentally shoots the judge in the face and kills him. Once again, Jeff decides to be noble too late and the man dies. This was a really gory part and I loved it. I highly recommend taking a look at the Traps and Props of Saw III if you get the chance on the DVDs or on YouTube if it's on there because the way they make the traps and prosthetics is just really interesting. I wanted to note on this part, why didn't the judge just get the key and save him if he was so worried? Technically he let him die too which I guess he payed for since he got shot in the face.

Okay so let's just say Jeff has an anger problem and has completely failed all of his tests. That's safe to assume, correct? So the final twist comes at the end. This was never a test for the doctor, this whole thing was actually set up to test Amanda to make sure she could carry on his legacy. Well let's just say Amanda failed her test too. So Amanda shoots the doctor just as Jeff walks through the door not knowing that she is actually Jeff's wife. Eraged by this, Jeff kills Amanda. Jigsaw offers him one last chance at redemption by giving him the chance to forgive him for the pain that he has caused him and his family and that he will let him go and call an ambulance to save his wife. Not knowing that his wife's life is still attached to Jigsaw's, he murders him and also his wife on accident. Just as Jigsaw is dying, he plays a tape for him letting Jeff know he is to play one last game to find his daughter which Jigsaw has hidden. This movie had so many twists and crazy puzzles, it was really just everything I could hope for in a Saw movie. In one of the special features the directors said that this movie really was made for the fans because they used everything that the fans had asked for in the movie which is awesome. One last thing I forgot to mention was the trap that the female detective lost her life in at the beginning. This was a really great opener for the movie in my opinion and when I had seen that in theaters I was just in awe over the beauty of the machine. I gave this one a five.

No comments: