Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Movie - Let The Right One In (2008)


I haven't really seen that many foreign films, but this one was really good. Most of you have probably seen the English adaptation called "Let Me In" which is pretty much the same exact movie (almost word for word) only in English with a different cast. I'm not sure why, but I enjoyed this one better than the English version (felt like it was crazier). This movie is in Swedish with English subtitles. If you have seen the English version, I highly recommend seeing this one. The movie is about a young boy who is pretty heavily bullied at school and lives with only his mother (father is separated and appears to have left his wife for a man). The young boy (Oskar) meets a young girl (Eli) who he later finds out is a vampire. The two begin dating and begins putting Oskar's life in danger by feeding off of the townspeople. The end of the movie is my favorite as Eli saves Oskar's life by killing all off the bullies who are attempting to drown him. The end scene shows Oskar and Eli on a train together. I have read that this is based off of a book which I would be interested to read. I gave this movie a four along with the English version that deserves a four as well. Really great movie.

No comments: