Monday, April 28, 2014

Movie - Curse of Chucky


This movie is the newest addition to the Chucky (Child's Play) series and was released last year. I bought the movie thinking that this was going to be a complete remake of the first movie. This is not a remake, it is just another portion of the story regarding a family that Chucky as a human wanted as his own who used police to get him out of the house ultimately causing him to go into the toy store. The movie was okay, but not really that great. I think they could have gone a lot further with this. The family was a little disjointed already and included a woman who lost her mind, a woman in a wheelchair, a couple with a child in which the wife is cheating on the husband with the nanny, and a child who finds Chucky. The whole movie is just a little too modern for my taste. I enjoyed the old style Chucky movies better. I will give this movie a three out of five.

No comments: