Thursday, October 30, 2014

Movie - Delivery: The Beast Within (2013)


My fiance picked up this movie on a whim at WAL-MART and I was very surprised at how good it ended up being. Usually spur of the moment buys have produced unsuccessful results in the past for us.  I am happy that this one ended up being as good as it was.

I have never really seen a movie that was filmed the way that this one was. Yes, it is first person (which I love!) however it is filmed much like a reality TV show which they did a great job at representing.  The movie starts with an episode of a show that follows a couple who is expecting a child.  The camera crew follows the couple everywhere during the entire pregnancy.

**SPOILER** Wouldn't be me if I didn't completely spoil the movie for you :)

So things start getting a little weird after the mother miscarries the baby. Deciding to sleep on if she wants to have the baby removed at the hospital, the baby miraculously comes back to life in the morning.  After this little miracle, things start to go downhill.  The dog decides he no longer likes her and makes it a point to let her know. Sleepless nights are spent painting troubled pictures in the attic.  A once vegetarian is now craving raw meat. The husband begins to get more irritated as time goes on and starts to regret letting the camera crew into their house.

Things start to heat up when Rachel begins hurting herself and eventually murdering the family dog claiming that he tried to bite her belly so she stabbed him.  After a complete meltdown at home over her baby being possessed by the devil, Kyle finally asks the camera crew to leave and never come back.

About a month prior to the birth of their child, Kyle allows the camera crew to come back so that they can complete the film.  While giving birth, Rachel goes off the deep end.  Worried for her health, a doctor is called to help with the birth regardless of protests from the mid wife. After much struggle, the baby is born and all seems to be well finally until Rachel decides to kill the baby and ultimately dies herself.  I did not expect this part. It was so crazy! My fiance and I just stared at each other in disbelief like WHAT! Who would have expected that?

Eventually Kyle moves on and gets with another woman.  They said she was pregnant with his child and I can only imagine how nervous he must be. I mean at that point I'd never have children, you know?

All in all this was a really great film.  I'm glad we picked it up. Though I'm pretty sure this isn't on Netflix, you can pick it up at WAL-MART pretty cheap if you're interested. Seriously, go watch it. You won't be sorry I promise. I gave this one a four. Great movie.

No comments: