Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Video Game - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (2014)


So my fiance bought this game as she is an avid Lord of the Rings fan however once she started playing it she ended up hating it. Intrigued by a new game, I decided to start it up myself. Upon playing, it is very obvious that this game was created by the same people who created the Batman games for Playstation 3 as the battle style is completely identical. This game is what happens when Batman: Arkham City and Assassin's Creed combine into one game. This is the fighting style of Batman and the exploration/movement style of Assassin's Creed. Fortunately for me these are two of my favorite video games.

Your character (Talion) is murdered along with his family. Instead of going to his final resting place, Talion is transported into Mordor in order to help a spirit regain his memories and to gain revenge for the murder of his family. The game is pretty long if you do all of the side missions, but pretty quick if you just shoot through the main missions. There are lots of different things you can do in the game such as hunting, collecting items, and destroying the ranks of Mordor from within. The game itself was GREAT in my opinion as the open world gave you many exploration opportunities and a variety of mission types to go through and also opportunities to upgrade your character.

All in all, this is a really great game that I would recommend for all Playstation 4 gamers so pick it up and get playing now! What are you waiting for? I gave this one a five out of five. Great game!

No comments: