Thursday, October 30, 2014

Video Game - The Evil Within (2014)

 photo Photobucket_Evil Within_2014.jpg
This is the game I have been waiting for since I heard of its creation.  I am very sad to see and hear the bad reviews this game has been getting. The thing that really enrages me is that I know someone who gave this game a terrible review WITHOUT EVER PLAYING IT. How do you expect to provide an accurate review based on other people's opinions? I won't stand for that, it's unacceptable!

Okay, all that aside, this was a great game in my opinion. I had a great time playing this. That being said, I had two issues with this game. The game was very unforgiveably hard at times making it very difficult to move forward which was frustrating as I was playing on easy.  I feel that if you are playing on EASY, that it should be pretty simple for even a novice gamer to get through. The second issue I had was that the storyline was hard to follow and at the end of the game I was still left with so many unanswered questions.  I got some of the answers however I am still left very confused.

Let's jump into the great points of the game. The game gives you options which I like: fight or flight?  You can fight with various weapons, perform stealth kills, or in some cases you can run to save your ammo.  You get a melee weapon but you don't really use it unless you need to push an enemy away from you for a second. I wouldn't recommend trying to kill any enemies with this weapon as you are going to be fighting a losing battle.

The game is a wonderful mix of Resident Evil and Silent Hill. Some people complain about this aspect but honestly, what could be better?? These are two of the most popular gaming franchises so why wouldn't we celebrate a mash of the two? ....Getting off topic again...

So the storyline (from what I gathered) is going to be attempted next. Emphasis on ATTEMPTED.  You start off as a detective who goes in with his team to investigate a mass homicide at a mental institution. Upon entering, your character is knocked out and here is where the horror begins.

I won't go fully into the story because I don't feel like typing it out and I also don't want to spoil the game. I know, no spoilers, how unlike me! But seriously, get out there and play the game! Don't listen to what other people say. Only you can make an opinion of something.

Keep in mind how hard the game is and conserve your ammo when possible. Utilize traps and bombs and stealth kill when or at all possible. My favorite part of the game is that once you complete the game, all of your power ups and weapons carry over into the new game + which is very Dead Space and I love it. You literally can just keep going and you will want to I promise.  One last note: You get extras for completing the game much like you were awarded at the end of Resident Evil 2 and 3 which is awesome. I gave this game a five. I loved it regardless what all of the reviewers are giving it.

No comments: