Monday, September 8, 2014

Video Game - Dragon Age: Awakening (2010 PS3)


Dragon Age: Awakening is the downloadable content expansion pack for Dragon Age: Origins. The game is pretty long for add on content which is really nice as the original game was so great. Since I did not review the Origins game on here, I'll explain my only two problems with this game. Problem one is that the fighting is kind of retarded especially with your character making announcements each time you press attack (example: "I'm on it" "Here we go" "I got it" over and over again). Problem two is that your character doesn't talk so the conversations seem very one sided as the person you are talking to speaks. Both of these issues were cleaned up in the second game which was great and I'm sure it will be even more cleaned up in the third installment coming out within the next two months.

The game follows a grey warden who is helping two cities fight against a hoard of darkspawn (evil guys) who are led by a broodmother. Along the way you see old faces, new faces, and characters you end up meeting up with again in the second game. I like when they revisit characters in games, it gives you that familiararity and makes it easy to play. One of the gripes I have with this game is that you have the gift items that you can present to your team members to make them like you more (such as in both of the other games) however you can't engage in a relationship with those characters. What's the point of making them like you if you can't get with them? If you're a fan of Dragon Age, you'll know what I mean and are probably just as disappointed as I am.

Overall this is a great add on to the Origins game and it is very easy to get all of the trophies for it (will require two playthroughs to get all 8). Great add on and very cheap to find these days. If you get the ultimate edition of Origins, it comes with this game and all of the other DLC and nowadays you can get that for about $12.00. I don't recommend downloading straight from PSN as you can get this very cheap at a used game store such as GameStop or the Exchange.

I gave this DLC a 5/5. Great stuff.

No comments: