Monday, September 8, 2014

Movie - As Above, So Below (2014)


I should just put a disclaimer on my entire blog that it will contain spoilers so if you don't like spoilers, just don't read it then!

We just recently saw this last week when it came out in the theaters (the best way to watch scary movies in my opinion). The movie is based upon the hundreds of miles of catacombs located under Paris. The catacombs are said to contain a stone which grants eternal life and healing which was created by Nicholas Flamel. Funny story here, my fiance and I did not know he was a real person as we had only heard his name in Harry Potter so we were very surprised to see he was real.

A woman dedicates her life to follow in her father's footsteps in order to locate this stone. She enlists the help of a good friend (her camera-man), her ex boyfriend, and some strangers who know the catacombs well. After getting pretty deep into the catacombs, a forbidden pathway is opened and they enter. After they enter you could say that they entered Hell itself as unbelieveable things start to happen. The group starts being picked off one by one after they finally find the stone. Deeper and deeper they finally make their way out after torturous hours in the catacombs (well only three of them at this point).

I'm the type of person who would like a follow up after each movie as I'd be very curious to see what happens in the life of the three survivors after their perilous journey into the catacombs. Personally, I'm not sure how people willingly go into tight spaces such as this, but I'm really just not a tight space kind of person.

Overall the movie was great and I gave it a 5/5 which is pretty rare sometimes for me as you've seen. Do you know why I liked it so much? First. Person. Camera. View. Of course! :) Seriously though, go see it while it's in theaters and you will enjoy it so much more. The theater setting always makes scary movies so much better because you feel like you're in there with them.

No comments: