Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Movie - Flowers In the Attic (2014)


I have mixed feelings on this movie. I am surprised they actually remade this movie to be honest as the original movie was not all that great. I do, however, like the remake better than the original. So the story is about a mother of four whose husband passes away. Once he dies she can no longer afford to take care of the children so she makes a deal with her estranged mother to have them stay there until her husband dies. Due to the nature of the mother's marriage (she married her uncle pretty much), her children are to be kept a secret. The children are kept in the attic for over two years and begin getting sick and (disgustingly) sleeping with each other. I think that's the big reason why everyone knows this movie, because it's the movie where the brother and sister are kept in the attic and end up sleeping with each other. That's the part I feel kind of iffy about. It really kind of makes me sick to see that kind of thing in a movie, but it is what it is. The movie overall is okay, but not amazing though there are a few well known actresses in the movie. I'll give this a three out of five.

No comments: